I gleaned these important things from last night's episode of The Fosters:
- In shocking news, Brandon continues to be the worst. Wyatt was concerned about Callie's freakout last week and goes to Brandon for insight.
After getting very pissy about the fact that Callie is his sister so of course this isn't about unfinished business with him, Brandon immediately snorts that he's already given Wyatt all the help he's going to by "getting out of" Wyatt's way. So is she your sister or not, Brandon? Also, SHE SHUT YOU DOWN. I'm sure she'd really appreciate him going around basically acting like he could have her if he wanted to. Classy. (Yeah, yeah, I'm well aware that Callie and Brandon will still eventually get together, but it doesn't mean I have to like it. And the longer they put it off the grosser it is.)
- They finally got rid of the terrible Mike and Carol separate twin beds! Will the Moms be able to have more than a half-cuddling scene now?!
- Mariana has a date! I like this Mat. I hope his influence convinces her to return to her natural color.
- Lena told Stef about Brandon having smoked pot (but not the "also got statutorily raped" part, mind you). Hilariously, Stef handled it by telling Brandon something about how genetically he's predisposed to having pot freakouts and how he should be really careful and not do that again. Oh and she praised him for having called Lena about it. Oh wait, the hilarious part: then she complained about having to be the hard-ass. HOW IS THAT HARD-ASS? THAT IS THE SOFT-ASS-IEST PARENTING I HAVE EVER WITNESSED. What does she consider non-hard-ass parenting? Actually getting stoned with him in the future?
- Mike is actually helping Ana stay clean. So he didn't kill her. None of it made sense. Also he's thinking of having a kid with his statch-rapey girlfriend. Can't Dani just cross over to Pretty Little Liars and date Ezra? They have a lot in common, though I guess they're decades too old for one another. Since Mystery Girls (which is horrible, but you know, it has Jennie Garth) is the only other ABC Family show I watch, I look forward to their inappropriate relations story. Maybe Tori Spelling's character will have an affair with Jennie Garth's kid? I don't even know. But it's the network's trademark.